This an exciting time! You have almost finished Year 12 and are about to start your post-school life.
Maybe you have a career path in mind or perhaps you are still a little unsure of which direction you want to take.
Which ever option you choose, this website is here to help you find the information you need to start your new journey.
Year 12 – what next? brings together a range of information about:
As you explore your choices it is a great idea to talk with your career adviser, teachers, parents or friends about what you are interested in doing with your life. If you have an idea of a subject area you enjoy but are not sure what sort of job that could lead to, check out the following link to a range of subject Bullseye posters [opens in a new window].
Here are some key things to be mindful of when thinking about your future:
- career development is a lifelong journey
- the world of work is always changing
- Australia’s population is ageing
- your generation is likely to work longer than your parents
- having one job for life is becoming less common
- you will have a number of opportunities to change jobs, learn new skills and gain new experience throughout your career.
It is important to keep learning and developing your skills and abilities throughout your life.
Zoologists are biologists who study the structures, characteristics, functions, ecology and environments of animals. To see more watch the occupation video on myfuture.
Sports Scientists assist sportspeople to achieve the best possible sporting performance by applying knowledge and techniques from the areas of medicine, physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, psychology and physiotherapy/massage.